Friday, March 06, 2009

Love me, love me

On the radio the other morning I heard the Cardigans' "Love Fool" (which, on the off-chance that it's not still stuck in your head from 1996, it's embedded below--listen at your own peril).

Love Fool - The Cardigans

However, upon hearing it, what came to mind was not the Baz Luhrmann Romeo + Juliet film in which it was heard.

No, I thought a decade later: The episode of The Office ("The Initiation") where Jim starts singing the chorus to that song to annoy Karen. More specifically, the scene where Andy then starts singing it absent-mindedly (as Jim had successfully planted the seed).

Musicians never know what their legacy ultimately will be.

~

And yes, I have had "Love me, love me, say that you love me..." stuck in my head since then. Just like you do now (and will for the foreseeable future).

Curse you, inescapable Swedish pop melody! I can't care 'bout anything but you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?