Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I woke up in a SoHo doorway...

The blahg here really is the fine art of writing about myself without revealing much about myself.

Someone who knew me only from reading the posts would know, for example, that I work in downtown L.A. (as I have alluded to that) but not specifically where I work, nor what I do. There would be the correct presumption that I work in an office, but that (in and of itself) reveals little; thousands of people work in the same building I do, and that's merely one of many such buildings in the downtown area, so such information doesn't offer much in narrowing down anything about me.

One might consider this merely prudent online behavior on my part, limiting the liability of the less-than-scrupulous individuals who may be scouring the 'net for something to exploit. I suppose it suffices in that regard.

However, I think it can be explained more simply: Such details are not that interesting.

It's not so much freedom of anonymity (the site is something people who knew me before the blahg are aware of and may occasionally visit); it's camouflaging some of the abjectly dull aspects of my life by omitting details.

Creates intrigue, don't you think?

~

No, neither do I.

2 comments:

  1. Downtown LA?

    What the...

    And here I thought you were working as a personal chef at the recently foreclosed Neverland Ranch!

    What a kick in the pants!

    jenji

    ReplyDelete
  2. When they closed Neverland I got laid off.

    Really amazing I kept that job up to that point considering how lousy I am at cooking... and how post-pubescent I am...

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?