Thursday, January 18, 2007

Slither

The original Snakes on a Plane came in 1981, and it was called Raiders of the Lost Ark. Indy flees from the spear-hurling natives after stealing the golden idol, jumps into the seat of the prop plane, looks down to see the pilot's pet slithering by his feet, and screams, "Snakes! I hate snakes!"

When one has cast Samuel L. Jackson, one is obligated to include "mother fucking" in the dialog, but the sentiment is otherwise pretty much the same.

~

That would have been vastly more appropriate months ago. I may as well as start actively priding myself on how untimely I prove to be in most areas.

1 comment:

  1. I rather enjoyed Snakes on a Plane. I especially enjoyed that you have to wait the entire movie for one expletive to be uttered, and then, when you've been waiting...waiting...waiting for it, SLJ drops the F-bomb. Very effective.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?