Sunday, March 09, 2008

Um, help?

So this past Wednesday evening I got off a plane at LAX and started walking through the terminal toward baggage claim when I noticed this:

Walking closer to the screen, I saw the specific message was:


It's not so much that I was surprised that they have computer problems. (I know all too well that the only way to ensure a computer will have no problems is to not turn it on.) However, there was that part of me that thought: Isn't there someone whose job it is to keep an eye on their computers?

I mean, sure, my plane landed successfully, and I would soon be retrieving my suitcase and going home, so I wasn't particularly concerned. I went on with retrieving my suitcase and heading home without giving it another thought.

I presume by now someone has noticed it, even if only because someone bound for Guadalajara mentioned it to someone who could mention it to the appropriate party. I hope so.

~

Cheap joke: Of course, given that they may have had to call in tech support, they may still be waiting to hear back.

~

[The slightly more clever material will return eventually. I hope.]

2 comments:

  1. So you took photographs of that screen and no one hassled you? Where was airport security? After all, you could have been a terrorist! Maybe some of the post 9/11 paranoia died down. Then again, they still enforce no more than 3 fluid ounces rule and take off your shoes, right?

    I've never been on a commercial airflight. And it looks like I never will, even if I can ever afford it.

    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ray,
    With all due respect to the fine security personnel working at our airports, I think you overestimate how much they're paying attention after one gets off a plane; they tend to be more focused on those getting on a plane.

    Which is, yes, when they make you remove shoes. And take your little liquids out of your carry-on...

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?