Sunday, June 10, 2007

Here and there

The other day I walked past the entrance to Grauman's Chinese in Hollywood, and rather than just being annoyed by all the tourists, I took a closer look at the statues by the door:


And I thought, That looks vaguely familiar. Where might I have seen something like that?








Oh yeah. At the Imperial Palace (aka the Forbidden City) in Beijing, during my trip to China in 2003.








Both have: tourists.

Now let's pan out a bit and see if you can distinguish the two sites:









































In case you are having difficulty identifying which is which, here's a hint: The Imperial Palace does not have someone in a bad Chewbacca costume out front.


The Chewbacca in Beijing is much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?