Sunday, April 01, 2007

A tree grows in Long Beach: The follow-up

Last month I reported on a couple trees along my walk home from the train station where one was well in bloom and the other was... not. It seemed as though the tree that had not bloomed was suffering from less fortunate circumstances than was the other. However, as of last week the underachieving tree has more than caught up:


















And the other tree--the one that had sported such lovely blooms last month--is now a bit less impressive.














It's not who blooms first; it's who blooms best.
(Go ahead and gag about that hokey conclusion. I did. Not that it stopped me from composing it, of course.)

Also, it seemed appropriate to anthropomorphize the trees for that line. If you wish to lambast me for that, you see the Comments link below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?