Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Our national nightmare is at an end

Now that today's primary election is over, I am filled with a certain excitement.

No, not about that story that everyone else seems filled with excitement about. I'm just thrilled that my mailbox will stop being filled with campaign "literature" (primarily for the candidates running for this district in the California State Senate).

Even as jaded as I am, I find it difficult to keep reading about how corrupt the other guy is.

It's enough to make me look forward to getting the cable bill.


~

On a related note:
Is it inherently incongruous for a voter guide purporting to highlight "green" candidates to be printed and mailed en masse?

One can only wonder if politicians' campaigns really cared about the environment whether they'd fill the voters' mailboxes with so much paper.

~

Clearly I understand nothing about politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?