Saturday, June 07, 2008

Mad-urday night

Saturday night potpourri:

There is a hideous new Taco Bell commercial airing that features two individuals pulling up to the drive-thru box and launching into a rap about a new burrito. It certainly does not make me want to go to the pseudo-Mexican fast food restaurant, and to a great extent actively bothers me. That strikes me as the opposite effect that advertising should elicit.

The worst part is that the damned rap, as awful as it is, got stuck in my head. Which is exactly the effect advertising strives to elicit.

And don't get me started about the songs that have been in the commercials for Free Credit Report dot com. They don't make me want to keep an eye on my credit rating, but crap, they are ridiculously catchy.

You are insidious, you ad wizards.

~

On a completed unrelated note: This afternoon I saw the Sex and the City movie, and thought it was decent.

And at least as of tonight, I still possess male genitalia, and still find myself attracted to my fiancée.

Notice that's fiancée with two e's. Same sex marriages aren't legal in this state for another week. Which, if having seen the film does convert me to a woman, does give me a backup plan for going through with the wedding.

~

I also posted some very manly photos of leaves over on the useless photo site.


~

Wait. Did I use "potpourri" above? Uh-oh...

4 comments:

  1. Kind of like:

    Head On, apply directly to the forehead.

    Head On, apply directly to the forehead.

    Head On, apply directly to the forehead.

    Ugh.


    jenji

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Head On ad is not a song, so it has no capacity for sticking in my mind.

    I'm not saying it isn't annoying; it merely eschews music.

    Thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh boy, the NY Head-On ads have music. Maybe the best is yet to come for you guys out in CA?

    It's good though, something to look forward to.

    jenji

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?