Sunday, March 28, 2010

On this date

Seven years ago on this date, at around the time of day I'm posting this, I was on a first date. How did it go? Well, I'm married to her now, so it must have gone pretty well.

If one could go back in time to that day, and ask the me that I was then as I got ready for that date if I thought there was the possibility it could lead to the way things are today, I think the me from seven years ago would have replied "Yes." Not that I'd know for certain, of course, but that I suspected it could.

If one were to ask that version of me from seven years ago to describe a best-case scenario for how things would be seven years later (assuming things worked out), his answer wouldn't have been good as they really are.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you chose . . . wisely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats.

    My dates usually end in train wrecks. But at least I walk away from them... [G]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvin: Is that from one of the Indiana Jones movies?

    Ray: In the event of a water landing your seat can be used as a flotation device... oh, wait. I'm mixing metaphors here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More evidence that Doug is a keeper.

    jenji

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?