Thursday, May 08, 2008

Man, oh man

I've not yet seen Iron Man, but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt that it's a decent film. I'll probably see it eventually. And after seeing how well it did in its opening weekend, being second only to Spider-Man, and being mentioned with the likes of X-Men, something occurred to me.

The reason that The Hulk, Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, and other Marvel superhero movies didn't succeed as well at the box office and with the critics was not because they weren't that good, but for semantic reasons.

Spider-MAN.
X-MEN.
Iron MAN.

Coincidence? I think not.

It may not be too late to rename the upcoming The Incredible Hulk to The Incredible Hulk Man. That would bring in an extra 50 million in the opening weekend alone, apparently.

(This does bode well for the in-development Ant-Man project. It has the important element for a big hit: the right word in the name.)

I'm just analyzing the data and drawing the obvious conclusion. I never let an abject lack of knowledge stop me.

5 comments:

  1. So if I change my blog to "Day of the Jake-man" I'll get more traffic? Gee, if it was only that easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug,

    That reminds Jake that he needs stamps, which in turn reminds me that I need batteries.

    Thanks guys.

    jenji

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is precisely the moment where I throw my empty box of Goobers at you...

    jenji

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurry, Jake--I think dayofthejakeman.blogspot.com is still available. But it won't be for long, if you catch my drift.

    And I don't think there's any need for Goober box throwing, Jenji...

    Hmm... gooberboxthrowingman.blogspot.com appears to be open as well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doug,
    I'm on it!

    Jenji,
    Glad that I could help. Curious though, what size batteries are you in need of? Wait, that was rude of me. I'll have the save that question for a post at Dayofthejakeman.blogspot.com. Until then... Good night and be well.

    Jake.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?