Monday, May 12, 2008

Mail baggage

Some time ago I got a postcard-sized offer from GQ magazine. (Obviously my name got on to a mailing list somewhere.) And I had never thought of subscribing to GQ, but I gave it a look.

On the front it featured a glossy sticker-like image of, uh, I guess, a model. (I suppose a GQ reader would know the model's name.) And a note about a "free gym bag." Uh, okay... if only I had a gym membership...



Opening it revealed a picture of Uma Thurman in a tank top. Well, I see a theme developing in the sort of imagery they're using. And they're still hawking the free gym bag.

Well, they haven't sold me yet. But what will they do to try to sweeten the deal? Let's flip to the other flap and see...


AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Oh yeah. I know why I don't subscribe to GQ. I'm not a jackass.

6 comments:

  1. Doug,
    judging by the picture of the guy at the end, I have a strong feeling that GQ is throwing in a "Will and Grace" season one DVD to sweeten' the offer.
    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I would take having every channel on cable showing nothing but 'Will and Grace' over five minutes of Johnny Knoxville and 'Jackass'.

    It's not that I object to the inclusion of a dude; I'm merely turned off by it being a celebrated moron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shows just how tired I was when I commented last night. I didn't even realize that that was Mr Jackass himself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doug:

    The (phony) look!

    The (empty) life!

    And you still didn't sign up.

    I didn't get the "Jackass" connection until I read it in the comments. Shows you how un-cool I am.

    But besides that angle... I hate to break the "news" to you, but the world is run by GQ jackasses...

    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have to be GQ jackass to want to run the world...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have only Chuck Klosterman to thank for this...

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?