Saturday, August 29, 2009

God and dog have the same letters

Each morning on my walk to the train station I pass a Methodist church.  Running around it, between the sidewalk and the building, is a strip of green grass, maybe four feet wide.  On more than one occasion I have spotted (not because I was seeking it out but because it was obvious at a glance) a pile of dog excrement that had been deposited on that grass.  (At least, I presume its origin is canine; that's about the only species that I prefer to believe would do this.)

While it very well could be stray dogs perpetrating this, I suspect the dogs in question did have human companions.  As such, I do sometimes wonder whether the act of allowing one's dog to crap on the small lawn is mere inconsideration or some form of protest.  Might it be one person in particular who has a beef with the church and is encouraging his animal to do its business at that location intentionally?

Clearly the perpetrator is unconcerned with any ramifications from the One whose house it is.  Of course, from a WWJD standpoint, it seems like He might say:  "If thine neighbor's dog defiles your lawn, allow the animal to raise the other cheek."

(Oh yeah.  I went there.  Jesus would find that amusing.  That's my belief.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?