Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Blasted from the past

A little over two years ago, I took the picture featured in this post from a little over two years ago. And back then I was still in the habit of occasionally uploading some shots to my flickr page. That, sadly, has not been updated since last June--because they wouldn't let me upload more without paying for a premium account.

Then today I get a message from Schmap telling me that the photo in question has been "short-listed" for inclusion in their upcoming Los Angeles guide.

It wouldn't pay anything, of course, but I would get a photo credit, and a link to my flickr page, so there would be some potential publicity. For a website I'm not actively maintaining.

So, apparently, all the pictures I've been posting on the photo site and the aminus3 community over the past two years haven't been as worthwhile, because they've only been seen by, you know, regular people, not editors of map websites.

If only I'd realized that sooner.

Eh, I'll probably okay allowing the Schmap people use it. I can pretend to be a published photographer while maintaining my amateur status.

Of course, given that it was merely short-listed and not definite, I've probably jinxed the whole thing by mentioning it now.

This must be why I'm not a professional photographer; I can't keep it to myself.

3 comments:

So, what do you think?