Monday, March 31, 2008

Inspiration

Included in a recent random "smart playlist" culled from my music collection prepared by iTunes: "Campaigner" by Neil Young (which features the line "Even Richard Nixon has got soul") and "Bad Time For Bonzo" by the Damned (which I'm pretty sure is about Ronald Reagan). Sheer coincidence, of course. Still, it made me wonder where the songs about George W. Bush are.

I concluded that restricted to the songs I have (such as these songs from the '70s and early '80s), I'm not necessarily hearing the contemporary songs that must be out there about the current president.

That, or the songs today that I've been inspired to get (ripped from CD or downloaded) are more subtle about their politics, and I'm not listening closely enough to the contemporary music I hear to discern the connection.

1 comment:

  1. Doug, I'm sure that itunes al jezeriah has decent "George Bush" content. It might be hard to understand, but I'm sure you'll feel the agnst.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?