Monday, September 12, 2005

Giving

There are no frequent readers of this site, for the simple reason that clearly I don't update it often it enough to warrant anyone visiting it with any regularity. That's not pessimism; it's just the case. (Plenty of other things I've written here do qualify as pessimistic, but not that.)

There are many reasons why I don't update this more often, but I think it boils down to this: You really must have more important things to do.

Don't get me wrong--I appreciate you taking the time to bother reading this nonsense, but I think it a bit egotistical of me to expect your schedule is so open that you have time to spend reading this except once in a while, and even then it's only when you choose to ignore some more important activity. Thus, it is my overwhelming sense of consideration for you, gentle reader, that limits me in regards to adding entries here.

No need to thank me. (And all this time you thought me merely lazy.)

Remember: Sometimes, it's better to not give than to force reception.

Now get back to whatever you should be doing. Or don't. Far be it for me to tell you how to live your life.

1 comment:

  1. I find commenting about other people's blog posts the best feature of blogs. Much like a sports commentator, I get to rant without the need for creativity or original thought (my apologies to any sports commentators whom I may have just offended - keep fighting the good fight). Of course, as this is the only blog I read (whether based on the quality of the blog itself or my sheer lazyness, I don't know), I frequently find myself an on-again/off-again reader. This could be due to the fact that you will have a rash of posts, followed by an update e-mail, followed by a deluge of no posts. Upon receiving the e-mail, I then daily check your blog, to find (after 2 visits, or so) that I have already read everything there. I thing there's a metaphor about life in here somewhere - but far be it from me to identify it.
    As a side note, this comment is a perfect example of why one should not write commentary before the 2nd installment of morning caffeine.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?