Friday, July 17, 2009

More reasons learning is overrated

While flipping through the local morning news shows the other day I noticed this graphic that displayed just before they went to commercial, to "tease" the upcoming stories.
I know from the voiceover of the anchor that the first story pertained to the document that lists one's professional experience, but without the accents over the e's (résumé), I couldn't help but think for a split second the text next to the bullet indicated pertained to resuming mistakes.

And the thing is: The mistakes never stopped, so there was no need to resume them.

~

Yes, I know spelling it without the accents is an accepted variation, and it's likely the font used doesn't allow for accents.

Still, if only I didn't know those six letters spell two different words I wouldn't have such moments. They need to do a story on unlearning such things. That's what I need.

~

No, I won't be listing this amongst my accomplishments.

1 comment:

  1. What do I think?

    Well, I read the screen over and over again until I finally gave in and said it out loud: resume mistakes.

    And I have to say, I still didn't understand wtf that meant because I wasn't bridging the gap between resume and résumé. Why in the world would I want to resume my mistakes?

    jenji

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?