Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscar trivial... er, trivia

Everyone seems to be focused on the impending Oscar ceremony, so here's something I know about the days leading up to the Academy Awards from seeing it: The red carpet leading into the Kodak Theater is that is laid down many days before the show. And it is covered in plastic.

And because I passed right by there Friday morning, I captured this proof below:


To see more shots taken Friday morning of the setup for the Oscars, please check out this post over on the photo site.

(To assuage the concerns of those who follow my photography closely: You know that typically it takes me weeks, months, or even years after I shoot something before I actually get around to readying them. That I took some pictures and processed them and posted them in less than 36 hours is not a harbinger of the Apocalypse; it's merely abject pandering to jump on the bandwagon of an overly promoted event.)

(Disclaimer for the devoutly religious: I am not in any way an expert on what is or is not a genuine harbinger of the Biblical Apocalypse. Apologies to everyone if I prove to be wrong and this act of mine actually does bring that about.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?