Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Say hello to Abe and the beaver

I just saw a new commercial for the presciption sleep aid Rozerum. You've probably seen the one where the guy meets Abe Lincoln and a beaver in what we are supposed to believe is a dream and they talk about how they've missed him due to his insomnia.

In the new ad our protagonist (?) is sitting at a bus stop with his somnambulant companions, and when the beaver addresses him as "chief" he identifies himself.

As "Doug."

~

In the somewhat-amusing, somewhat-annoying Sarah Silverman Program on Comedy Central, her dog is named Doug.

~

A think of a guy I knew in high school (named Doug) who told me this: "Everyone either is a Doug, or wants to be a Doug."

I always considered those words to live by, but now I realize there could be a downside to it coming true.

(It was so much simpler when my name was flying under the radar and merely used in Nickelodeon cartoons.)

~

Eh, at least I have ribald commediennes to keep me entertained at this hour, until the drugs kick in and I get to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you think?