Thursday, May 11, 2006

TV Party Tonight

If you haven't been watching the American version of The Office, you have been missing a very funny show. (Not as funny as the British version on which it is based, but isn't that always the case?)

Of course, after watching tonight's season 2 finale, my first thought was: They've ruined the show.

I hope I'm wrong. I really do.

(If you don't know what's going on, I'll merely note that they've already reached the point that ended the British series, and it's not an easy plotline to continue; we all remember what killed Moonlighting and Remington Steele, don't we? Well, those of us who watched TV in the 80's.)

So I guess if you haven't watched the show on NBC, eh, just get the DVDs of the British series (including the specials), watch those, and if you happen to catch reruns of Steve Carell and company, enjoy these first two seasons. Check back in the fall and I'll let you know whether they can salvage season 3.

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same sense of impending dread, but then again, there was only so long they could stretch out that particular plotline without it getting old. I trust that the very talented writers of this incredibly funny show know well enough that they are treading on thin ice here and will do what it takes to keep things interesting. I'd rather give them the chance then give up the show, which is currently one of my favorites on TV.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you think?